City Adventures pt.2 (kinda)

1:00 PM

Took another adventure in the city, or pretty close, that is. We took a nice trip to go visit my cousin and her kids in Lincoln Park. It was a beautiful neighbor hood right near Armitage Avenue, which has many cute shops and places to eat that I did not enter. I passed Glazed and Infused, but regretfully did not go in.

A cute taco place called Bordega
that I saw but did not enter
We spent a few hours with my cousin and when it was time for lunch we left. Sadly we left Armitage Avenue behind and headed for Damen Avenue. It was not a successful adventure. Being Monday, almost all the shops and places to eat were closed, even Hot Chocolate Chicago. Monday seems to be Damen Avenue's Sunday. So we ended up leaving the area with empty stomachs.

After our failed attempts of finding a cute cafe and headed home, yet our adventure was not over yet. We stopped on the way home at a nice Italian restaurant called, Nonna Silvia's Trattoria and Pizzeria. Sitting down with the menu my eyes immediately found margarita pizza, so I knew what I was ordering right away. We started the meal with bread, olive oil and Parmesan cheese, just like any other Italian would.
Nonna Silvia's Trattoria and Pizzeria
Cannolis

I definitely enjoyed my pizza, seeing as as I ate all of it except for one slice. And even though I was stuffed by the end, we still ordered a few cannolis to go. So while our adventures did not go as planned, we still got to enjoy the day.
A few houses in Lincoln Park








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts