City Adventures

11:00 AM

Woo, it's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry for my disappearance, therefore lack of posts. Well I'm back! For the time being that is. So the other day I took a trip to Chicago, which happened to be a wonderfully nice day. The weather was so nice, I almost wished I had worn my new Zara jeans. (Which is besides the topic, but they are super cute, and super comfortable.)

My mother and I started off the day walking to The Art Institute of Chicago, because as of late I have been obsessed with art, mostly watercolors. It was so relaxing, walking through the different art styles and amazing pieces. We started with Impressionism, and made our way through Modern American art, Modern art, Photography, and Modern European Art.

Renoir's painting 'Seascape'
Modern Art Sculpture
In the Impressionism, some of my favorites were landscapes by Renoir and Monet, especially ones with water. I really have a thing for paintings with water, they're just so calming and beautiful. When it comes to the modern art it's just really fun to think about what you're seeing, getting really in depth with it.

After purchasing a print of 'Starry Night' by Van Gogh, we proceeded to make our way to lunch, which was a place we had gone before called Howells and Hood. It's a nice restaurant on Michigan Avenue, with the cutest outdoor area to eat at. Because of the beautiful day we sat outside and took our time to decide what to eat. My mom decided on fish tacos, while I, being the lover of meat (sorry, vegetarians, I can't help it), ordered steak tacos.

Some delicious banana doughnuts
We waited for our food to arrive, checking our phones and chit-chatting. Then our tacos arrived and they looked delicious. Because of my aversion to beans and their strange texture, I substituted them with fries. With soft shells, steak, cabbage and cotija cheese, I dug into my tacos, cabbage falling out in the process. By the end of the meal I finished all three tacos and my fries, good job, Hannah! Despite the slight feeling of being full I couldn't pass up dessert. While deciding what we were going to eat my mom noticed banana doughnuts on the dessert menu, so naturally I just had to get them.

They proceeded to take away our finished meals and bring out the doughnuts. And, my God, I couldn't wait to eat them. They were small and circular, coated in a layer of sugar. To the side were three condiments, a nutella sauce, a white cream, and maple like syrup. Choosing two doughnuts I plopped them onto my plate and drizzled the chocolaty sauce onto them, They were warm and sweet and just downright amazing. We each had three and with our stomachs completely full we payed and left.

After lunch we made our way down Michigan Avenue, towards the Water Tower. On our way we ducked into a new candy place called Dylan's Candy Bar, just to have a look around, nothing seemed appealing due to my overly stuffed stomach. We also stopped at Zara and Nike along to way, purchasing a few things and continued on to Topshop by The Water Tower Place. Obviously we headed straight to the sale section, and we managed to find a few cute tops. After Topshop, we walked to Sprinkles to get some of their delicious cupcakes. Sprinkles are my favorite, nothing else compares. We got a triple cinnamon, a black and white, a marshmallow, a banana and two peanut butter chip cupcakes. And we couldn't forget the dark, so we got a Sprinkles doggy treat for Marley.

We walked around the block onto N Rush Street and then to E Oak Street, and that street just happens to have every single nice store from Loubiton and Hermes, Prada and Tory Burch. We came back around, me crying as I passed the Chanel store, which I probably wouldn't have been allowed in since I can't even afford the tissue paper they wrap the bags in. We headed into Bloomingdale's to rest our feet and also purchase a wallet from Kate Spade that my sister wanted. And for the first time in my life, I was asked, "Sparkling Water, or still?" Best day ever.

It was time to make our way back to the train station. On our way back we stopped at H&M where I finally purchased a pair of Boyfriend jeans! Yay! I was delighted walking back, but then my feet started to hurt, but we we were too close to call a cab at that point, so we struggled, with aching feet, the rest of the way. To conclude my wonderful day, we rested, in comfortable silence, on the ride home. It was one of the best days of summer so far!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts