One (or many) For the Road

1:00 AM

Now, many people may not know this, but I have a great love for music. I'm one of those people who has no musical talent whatsoever. I can't sing, I can't read music, I can't play an instrument and I definitely can't dance to a beat. So instead I have a fabulous talent of memorizing songs and lip-syncing like it's nobody's business. I always need music in the car, especially on road trips, so it's no surprise that my playlists always have 300 songs or more. I constantly make new playlists as I discover new music, and they grow as I rediscover old music that I love. (And whoever understands my song reference in the title of the post - I love you, you're my new bff).

And if you were to ask what kind of music I like, I would not be able to answer that with just one reply. I listen to everything. Alternative, Pop, Indie, Country, Rock, Dance/Electronic, the occasional rap, because honestly that's the one type of music I have a very low tolerance for, half the time rap is just stupid, inappropriate lyrics that, quite frankly, disgust me. And really, no offence to people who do enjoy rap, I mean you do you, it's not my place to judge, we all have our own opinions and this just happens to be mine. I even have a love for all Disney music, and the Wicked soundtrack.

So now I am compiling a rather short playlist to share with you all, to introduce new music to you and show what I'm into at the moment...


  1. Coming Down - Halsey (HALSEY IS MY FAVORITE PERSON/ARTIST RIGHT NOW I LOVE HER)
  2. Drive - Halsey (I mean it, I love her. Her voice is just amazing)
  3. New Americana - Halsey (That's it. For now.)
  4. Wicked Ones - DOROTHY
  5. Little Vessels - The Lighthouse and The Whaler
  6. 0 To 100 - Drake (Pretty much the only rap song I like right now)
  7. Lush Life - Zara Larsson (She has a really incredible voice)
  8. Crystals - Of Monsters and Men (I'm really into them at the moment)
  9. Honey - Magic Man
  10. Wolves without Teeth - Of Monsters and Men
  11. All You Need is Love - The Beatles
  12. Endtapes - The Joy Formidable
  13. Anna Sun - WALK THE MOON
  14. One For The Road - Arctic Monkeys (Did you figure it out yet?)
  15. Great Summer - Vance Joy (The Paper Towns soundtrack is really great, check it out, and the movie was just as great)
  16. Search Party - Sam Bruno
  17. Hold Back the River - James Bay (He has the voice of an Angel, that's all I need to say)
  18. Let it Go - James Bay
  19. Can't Feel My Face - The Weeknd
  20. Incomplete - James Bay
  21. You - The 1975 (One of my favorite bands, and forever one of my favorite songs)
  22. So far (it's alright) - The 1975
  23. Wild Ones - Bahari
  24. The Hills - The Weeknd
  25. Of The Night - Bastille
  26. American Kids - Kenny Chesney
  27. Hinnom - Bon Iver
  28. Crash and Burn - Thomas Rhett
  29. Raise 'Em Up - Keith Urban ft. Eric Church
  30. Renegades - X Ambassadors
  31. Adore - Jasmine Thompson
  32. Is There Somewhere - Halsey
  33. Empty Gold - Halsey
  34. Hold Me Down - Halsey
  35. Carry You Home - Zara Larsson
  36. Words as Weapons - Birdy
  37. Wonderland - Taylor Swift
  38. Florida Kilos - Lana Del Rey (My favorite Lana song)
  39. Smile - Mikky Ekko (I love his voice alot)
  40. Kids - Mikky Ekko
  41. Polaroid - Imagine Dragons (Their newest album was golden)
  42. Never Be - 5sos
  43. Trouble - Halsey
  44. Summer - Imagine Dragons
  45. Vagabond - Misterwives
  46. Pity Party - Melanie Martinez
  47. Mess is Mine - Vance Joy
  48. Falling - HAIM
  49. Which Witch - Florence and the Machines
  50. Nina - Ed Sheeran
  51. Cigarette Daydreams - Cage the Eephant
  52. Burning Doves - Mikky Ekko
  53. Famous - Charli XCX
  54. Firestone - Kygo
  55. Fairly Local - Twenty One Pilots
  56. Soldier On - The Temper Trap
  57. Skin - Zola Jesus
  58. Lost It To Trying - Son Lux
  59. Wolf - Marika Hackman
  60. The John Wayne - Little Green Cars
And there's my short playlist, even if it doesn't seem short to you. There's so much more music I love and I wish I could share it all with you, but alas, I can't. I hope this list helps you discover new songs and new artists and I hope you enjoy this music as much as I do!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts